Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 9: Yoga+ 30-Day Challenge


Had a better time at Hot A with Dinah early on a Saturday morning. It's another one of those days when I just don't want to get out of bed, as it's a weekend, but nevertheless hauled myself out and made my way over to Yoga+ for class. I have a new way of tricking myself to commit to class nowadays, and that's by making online reservations. You need to cancel at least two hours before or pay a hefty cancellation fee before you can use the system again, so waking up 45 minutes before class doesn't leave me with much time to back out.

Saturdays in June are pretty special at the studio. The owners invite guests to talk about various topics on health and wellness, and this Saturday it was Dr. Dale Flores' turn to give a talk on a Holistic Approach to Self-Healing, or H.A.S.H. A naturopath, he believes that most diseases can be healed through a change of diet, since our body operates a lot like a machine, and is dependent on what kind of fuel we feed it. I learnt a lot from his short talk and will probably be making a trip to Tagaytay for a consult and to check out his awesome looking store and get a bit of fresh air while I'm at it.

I spent the rest of my Saturday quietly reading and catching up on my shows. Had my usual banana-ginger shake for lunch and a baked potato for dinner. I realized I need to eat a bit more, since I burn a ton of calories every time I step onto the mat.


Going to yoga class (+25), meditation (+5), 7 hours of sleep minimum (+5), Drinking 3 liters of water a day (+5) = 40 points