Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 10: Yoga+ 30-Day Challenge


I opted to spoil myself a bit and sleep in on a Sunday. Took a Hot B class with Emma Sheridan, which consists of 26 hatha yoga postures in a heated room. A bit less than the 50 postures for Hot A,  I find Hot B to be a lot more challenging, because there are more sets to this class than Hot A. I just wasn't feeling it today, and was distracted and irritable, trying hard to concentrate on my breathing, pissing myself off during the balancing poses, and just hating it. Oh well, I guess it was just an off day.

The rest of my day went by pretty uneventfully, with my shake and baked potato to sustain me, while I cleaned up the apartment and did the laundry. I have to admit I did cheat a teensy bit, helping myself to a scoop of the Heath-flavored ice cream in the fridge. Dammit.

I just realized I had been going to yoga class for ten straight days, but it still isn't getting any easier. I'm starting to hate inversions, but am getting the hang of the balancing postures. My body maybe all achy,  but my mind is a lot calmer, I am a lot more patient with myself and other people, and I'm a lot more grounded than how I used to be.


Going to yoga class (+25), meditation (+5), 7 hours of sleep minimum (+5), Drinking 3 liters of water a day (+5), taking in refined sugar (-5) = 35 points