Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 13: Yoga+ 30-Day Challenge


The little yogini, Aisa, is back at Yoga+! I hadn't seen her all week last week, so it was good to take her Hot A class. I had a pretty strong practice today, and was feeling pretty good about myself, although I purposefully sat out some of the inversions. I had a pretty good class overall, and am pretty surprised at my improvement since the first day I stepped on the mat.

Been drinking masala tea the whole day, and that's helped a lot with keeping hydrated throughout the day. Nixed the hard-boiled eggs for lunch, as I need to keep my strength up for practice at night. I remembered my car lunches of a baked potato growing up in Dubai, getting the much needed carb load before figure skating practice - turns out, baked potatoes work great for energy for yoga, too!

Although I did end up munching on Tostitos and salsa when I got home after practice.


Going to yoga class (+25), meditation (+5), 7 hours of sleep minimum (+5), Drinking 3 liters of water a day (+5) = 40 points