Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 2: Yoga+ 30-Day Challenge


Day 2 of the 30-day yoga challenge at Yoga+! I took Aisa Locsin's Hot A class again, since it was the earliest class to go to and I had an bloggers event to co-host at Kuppa right after. I did way better than yesterday, and thankfully my body is adjusting quickly to the heat. I got in a bit early and just spent most of the extra time in Siddhasana, or sage pose, emptying my mind and psyching myself up for the hour and a half class.

I surprised myself by completing most of the standing poses, most of which I could barely get thorough on my first day. My friend Chee was right when she said that our body adjusts to yoga fairly quickly, even it's held in a heated room. I was still super parched throughout class and had to take quite a lot of gulps to stay hydrated, I really hope Aisa didn't mind. She did mention she's a stickler when it came to water breaks.

I realized I was sweating a lot more than yesterday, too. I'm taking it as a sign of my body opening up to this experience and making the most of the detox. The heat allows you to reach deeper into your tissues, tendons and ligaments, safely leading you to improved flexibility, strength and blood circulation. When you sweat during bikram yoga, you will not need to wipe your sweat away, as it is there to cool you off. I also find it rather cute when our yogini talks about our "little baby fingers". I hope I have her strength, balance, and flexibility someday.

All my hard work that morning was, alas, in vain, as I had a food blogger event to get to at Kuppa Roastery & Cafe an hour later. There was an assortment of sandwiches, pizzas, pastas, and entrées that just kept rolling out of the kitchen, which I just didn't have the willpower to say no to. Damn that Crispy Pata for shaving off 5 more points for today! It was so good though!


Going to yoga class (+25), meditation (+5), 7 hours of sleep minimum (+5), Drinking 3 liters of water a day (+5), eating white rice/bread, pasta (-5), taking in anything fried (-5) taking in refined sugar (-5) = 25 points