Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 8: Yoga+ 30-Day Challenge


Yoga class today was so bad! Not the class itself, just my practice for the day. I took the 8pm class yesterday and then the 6:30am class today, because I had a client meeting at 7pm. I fell asleep right after I took a shower, wasn't able to hydrate at all, and of course, couldn't eat anything before class since I had to come on an empty stomach.

Thank goodness it was Dinah teaching the Hot A class! My energy was just really low and I felt really tired, just warming up for standing poses drained the life out of me. I totally lost it when the inversion poses came along, and just laid down in savasana until the lightheadedness went away. She was very understanding and just let me be, checking up on me every now and then and telling me to just breathe.

I blame myself for forcing to go to a yoga class totally unprepared, and it also serves as a lesson to never to into a yoga class unprepared. They're serious when they tell you to get at least seven hours of sleep and drink at least three liters of water a day! It really helps your practice!

I was pretty good with my diet until I had to meet up with a client at Kuppa, I just couldn't resist the lure of the Pizza Cristina! Mozzarella, Gorgonzola, and Bleu Cheese topped with preserved figs on a chewy dough was just too much for me. So I gave in. Other than that, I've been snacking on yogurt and had a hard-boiled egg for lunch. Oh well.


Going to yoga class (+25), meditation (+5), 7 hours of sleep minimum (+5), Drinking 3 liters of water a day (+5), eating white rice/bread, pasta (-5) = 35 points