Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 6: Yoga+ 30-Day Challenge


Day 6 of my Yoga+ challenge! One more day until I've been doing this for a whole week! I took the 6 o'clock class, which was Hot A, with Dinah substituting for Aisa once again as she was still feeling under the weather. I hope the little yogini gets better soon.

I feel like I'm getting better, but I still get hella faint with the standing inversions. Damn low blood pressure. Hot A is turning out to be my favorite class, since it's perfect for beginners who want to ease into the practice. I have still to take an Ashtanga class, which is a combination of yoga, chanting, and meditation - something I've been looking for here for the longest time.

After class I sat down with Dinah for a bit, and chatted for a bit about what yoga does for the body, not just physically, but mentally and spiritually as well. I do feel a lot more grounded, and although there are moments I cringe about what would be in store for me, my body, mind, and soul thank me for treating myself well and pushing on.

I've gotten into the habit of being on very good behavior with what I put in my body: banana-ginger shake with flax seeds for breakfast, a hard boiled egg for lunch, and a glass of orange juice for dinner. Dinah was right, you don't feel hungry at all after yoga because of all the extra energy the practice gives you.


Going to yoga class (+25), meditation (+5), 7 hours of sleep minimum (+5), Drinking 3 liters of water a day (+5) = 40 points