Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Butterfly Twists: Foldable Shoe Fashion


Can I just tell you: I love my heels. The higher the heels are, the better. Ever since I was a little girl I'd wear my mother's wedge heels and walk around the house in them. I'm pretty comfortable in heels, it's funny how I can run in them but trip over myself when I'm wearing flip flops. The downside to sky high heels that make your gams look super sexy and your legs go on forever and ever? They hurt. A lot. With the balls of your feet basically supporting the weight of your body, you'll need to give it a rest after a few hours of standing.

Butterfly Twists, the brand for the ‘girl on the go’, was founded in London in 2007 by four men! College friends Emmanuel, Frank, Mark and Philippe, came up with a unique fashion-forward idea after one of them (who shall remain nameless) literally knew what it felt like to be in a woman’s shoes after losing a bet and attending a party wearing a pair of 6 inch stilettos!

I would always pack a pair of flip flops with me and leave them in the car to change into when I'd go out, but then by that time I'd find myself limping to the car with really sore feet. Pain is beauty, as they say. So you could imagine my surprise and delight when I found a package from Butterfly Twists at my door, giving me a pair to try out the next time I need to don my 5-inch heels. And all I need to do is fold them to tuck them away in my bag for when I need them. Sweet!

After giving the ballet flats a go (they were sooo comfortable!) and checking out their latest Fall collection, I have a few favorites that I'd like to include on my Christmas list this year:


The good folks at Butterfly Twists send over their Charlotte design in a patent purple. I'm not a fan of purple clothing (Barney the stupid Dinosaur ruined it for me), or patent, or velvet for that matter, but somehow this combination works for me. I love how the glossy patent juxtaposes the rich, velvet bow.

This would be super cute with bootleg jeans and a pale yellow top or a green floral dress. Most of the time this will most likely be tucked away in my bag, for when I have one of those days when I need to run around the city looking fabulous.


Butterfly Twist's Diana is one sexy smoking slipper! This is a little fashion-forward for Philippine shores, and not exactly rain-friendly, but these velvet studded smoking slippers are gorgeous! I'd wear them dressed in black from head to toe with pops of silver accents from bag buckles to a silver necklace. With a design as chic as this, I'd want to wear flats more often!



I can imagine the versatile Elizabeth design going nicely with leggings, shorts, or jeans. Dress it down and have these flats as the main piece of your outfit of the day, or bring the look together with a few pieces of silver jewelry.


For the Ballerina Princess, get all flirty and girly with Erica. The sequinned ballet slipper is great all year round, and can be paired with everything from shorts, leggings, and jeans. This would be best complemented with light colored clothing to make the rose sequins stand out.


I have a love affair with UK style and anything that screams Britannia (I have a pair of chucks of a similar design to prove it), so Butterfly Twist's Jacqui is right up my alley. Jacqui is patriotic and full of love for Great Britain by resembling the English heritage of Butterfly Twists with the Union Jack flag.

What would this be best paired with? Any outfit that has shades of red, white, or blue!


I can never get enough of animal print - so obviously Leah is one of my favorite designs. A celebrity favorite because of its classic animal prints with a twist! Featuring fun wild prints on sleek pony hair with a pop of red on the heel and insole. Stand out with these babies and keep the rest of your outfit to a minimum, so your wardrobe and your shoes don't clash.


Step out in true rock star fashion with Samantha! This glittery pair looks absolutely amazing and is the perfect ballet slipper to use for all those upcoming Christmas parties. You can only keep your balance in heels for so long, and once the eggnog kicks in, you'd want to have a comfortable pair of flats to stumble walk around in.

This would be something I'd like to wear with leggings, jeans, or a cocktail dress as long as it's knee-length.


Not only does Butterfly Twists have ballet flats you can fold and tuck into your bag, they have wellies that do just that as well! How amazing is that? I want a pair of Windsors for myself as this is absolutely perfect for the weird erratic weather that's so common in the Philippines this time of the year. Pair this with leggings, drainpipe jeans, or a feminine dress. And don't forget the umbrella!


I love my boots, and the Berkley design is way too cute to pass up! This folds up, too, so not only is is a great looking comfortable boot, it's travel-friendly, too! I don't have to worry about my boots taking up half the space in my luggage anymore when I have this baby!

When mucking around Manila in high heels, I'd suggest investing in a pair of Butterfly Twists. Not only are their shoes so convenient (being foldable and all), they're also super comfortable! With a thick padding to cushion your feet and protect it from the elements and the pavement, running around doing errands and stumbling home from a great party has never looked and felt so good!


Just mucking around Manila,


www.muckingaroundmanila.com
Follow @_muckingaround on Twitter and Instagram.
Like the Mucking Around Manila fan page.


Butterfly Twists is available at Glorietta 2, Rustan’s Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Rustan’s Makati, Rustan's Alabang Town Center, Rustan's Gateway Makati and Lucky China Mall