Monday, December 9, 2013

My Grown Up Christmas List 2013


Christmas is only a few days away and while all of us are still reeling from the earthquake in Bohol and the super typhoon that devastated Cebu, I'm trying to jumpstart my Christmas spirit by putting together a Christmas wish list that would have me indulge in my materialistic fantasies of what I could get myself with all the holiday sales before being pent up with guilt and and buying relief goods to donate at Villamor instead.

My spirit feels a lot lighter by giving,everyone carries a Christmas wish list, and this is mine for this year:

I have a lot of travel plans in store in 2014, and I've fallen in love with Herschel's Little America Backpack in Chevron Butterscotch ($89.99). This is inspired by the classic mountaineering style packs, and can hold large volumes while being modern and functional. The backpack has a padded fleece with a sleeve pocket to carry laptops up to 15-inches big, an internal media pocket, ventilated air mesh back padding and contoured shoulder straps for support, and just enough front pockets without having to go overboard with a cinch top closure for the main compartment. Sagada, Vigan, La Union, Siargao, Cebu, Davao, and Palawan - here I come!!


I've been drooling over iMO Shop's Native Village Camera Strap ($26) for months now. This handmade item is made with leather, neoprene, and nylon, with quick-release buckles that make it easy to support my FujiFilm X M-1 when I'm out and about.

iMO Shop ships worldwide from Hong Kong and they currently have a Gift Pack Combination ($68) that lets you pick one cotton strap and two neoprene straps from their beautiful collection.


 Everyone wants the new iPhone 5S, so it's not surprising to see this on my Christmas wish list. I have my eye on the Champagne Gold, but from what I've heard, they're sold out everywhere. Prices vary depending on the phone company and the plan you want to get.


 After trying the K-Cup System when I went to Chicago a few years back, I have always been on the hunt for a Keurig of my own. The K45 Elite Brewing System ($119.99) is one of the most affordable models that's perfect for brewing at home, that lets you make the perfect cup of coffee, tea, hot cocoa or iced beverage in under one minute at the touch of a button. With the choice of three cup sizes, the Elite brewer also has a removable drip tray to accommodate travel mugs. Of course, when I do end up purchasing this, I should also purchase all the coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and cider pods to make the most of the awesome machine!


I'm not really one for flats, but the Miista Zoe Hologram Oxford ($190.00) looks too badass to not pass up! The pointy-toed oxfords with the iridescent finish! Look like a rockstar and pair these with shorts or a short skirt, and show off those legs while everyone looks down at your discoball-looking footwear!


Turntables seem to be making a comeback, I have my eye on the Cruiser Portable Turntable in Pink ($79.95), which is 20% cheaper on Amazon. Nothing can beat the rich, warm sound of vinyl, and another great thing about this briefcase-styled record player is it's lightweight and easily transported from place to place. It features built-in stereo speakers so you can listen to your music without having to connect it to a speaker system. Of course, investing in some choice vinyl is also in order, and I will probably ordering off of Amazon or perusing the stalls at Cubao X for some possibly vintage finds.


I was thinking of buying a Nintendo 3DS earlier this year, but it's a good thing I haven't, since there's a newer Nintendo 3DS XL ($199.99) with a 90% bigger screen than it's older brother. That's a bigger screen for when I play Monster Hunte - the only reason I want the damn thing. This comes in red, blue, pink, and black in most Western countries, but I know this has a white version floating around Asia somewhere. I'm crossing my fingers they have it in Singapore!


I have no real reason for wanting this - I just miss the good ol' days where you had to huff and puff on your picture in order to see how great or horrible you picture is. That, and it'll make me feel all hipster and shit. Haha! Kidding aside, the Instax Mini 90 looks pretty sweet - it looks like a smaller version of my X M-1 - and is pretty affordable at P8,600 on Sulit. You get advanced features like the bulb for better lighting and double exposures, that are attractions of traditional analog cameras and offer an enhanced capability to capture light creatively. This compact little baby is also equipped with new functions and features like macro mode and high performance flash.

So, dear friends and family reading this, when mucking around online, don't forget about me this Christmas! You have at least eight gifts to choose from! I accept cash and good vibes, too! Haha! What's on your list?


Just mucking around Manila,


www.muckingaroundmanila.com
Follow @_muckingaround on Twitter and Instagram.
Like the Mucking Around Manila fan page.