Saturday, July 27, 2013

Dessert Series: Spätzle Euro Market Café


Being a dessert junkie, I'm starting the Dessert Series! Ask anybody who knows me: dessert is a must come dinner time and I need my sugar fix.So after having dinner at a hot pot place at Shangri la Mall, Jericho, Gerry, and I headed off in search of the perfect dessert to end the night.

As it was already quite late, most of the other restaurants were already closed, yet we chanced upon Spätzle Euro Market Café, enticing me with the promise of Nutella Cheesecake. Who can resist Nutella Cheesecake?


We came in and picked out one of their booths to stay in for the rest of the night. I love how almost everything at the restaurant is made of of recycled materials. Asking for the dessert menu, I was presented with this cute presentation of their cake list. You can order each cake for P100, or get a trio for P290.


Of course, I went for the trio! Gerry and Jericho might want some too, so the more I got for everyone, the better! I was glad I got the trio because the sized of the cakes were smaller than mini-cakes - literally tasting portions.

From L-R:

The Nutella Cheesecake was my favorite, the rich cheesecake has the rich hazelnut taste on what I think is an Oreo crust.

Jericho liked the Sticky Coffee Pudding, which was dense and moist, with a thick layer of sticky caramel on top, rounding off the whole petite cake nicely.

The Blueberry Cheesecake Bar was ho-hum, nothing special here. I should've ordered two Nutella Cheesecakes instead.

Spätzle also serves a mean Cappuccino, which went very well the mini cakes. It was strong, with a thick layer of crema on top, the different layers of brown is such a beautiful thing to behold.


It was a perfect end to a perfect night, spending it with good friends, with great conversation, over delicious desserts and a hot cup of coffee.

When mucking around Shangri la, head on over to the East Wing and try the new Spätzle Euro Market Café. I'm looking forward to going back and trying their actual dishes, but for now I have my memories of the Nutella Cheesecake and cappuccino to keep me warm at night.


Just mucking around Manila,


www.muckingaroundmanila.com
Follow @_muckingaround on Twitter and Instagram.
Like the Mucking Around Manila fan page.

Images taken by Jericho San Miguel of The Pixel Project Manila


Spätzle Euro Market Café
5/F East Wing, Shangri-La Plaza Mall,
EDSA cor Shaw Blvd, Mandaluyong
Open Daily: 10am - 10pm