Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Yellow Cab Pizza's Mrs. Hudson


Waking up to rain pitter-pattering on my windows makes me want to stay in bed all day, hide under the duvet and just veg out and sleep in with my dog. Thanks to my very flexible job schedule, as long as I have an internet connection, I'm good and can do just that.

The rain also allows me to enjoy another guilty pleasure: pizza. The one I can't seem to get enough of is Yellow Cab Pizza's newest specialty flavor, the Mrs. Hudsons. And after one particularly rainy evening, that's exactly what I had delivered to my doorstep.

The Mrs. Hudson Pizza was released in celebration of Yellow Cab's 12th year and the opening of their 100th store. This  "sauceless pizza" is a reference to the Hudson River in New York and is topped with prosciutto and herb boursin cheese, alongside generous helpings of caramelized onions, fresh tomatoes, tarragon, and premium cheeses.

Biting into the indulgent pizza, you can taste the juiciness of the tomato slices, the mild saltiness of the prosciutto, and the sweetness of the caramelized onions. This may be Italian-inspired and New York-styled, but it has the Filipino palate written all over it. No wonder so many people are addicted to this!

Mrs. Hudson's was supposed to be a limited edition pizza, but like the Dear Darla, it seems as though Yellow Cab has kept it as a staple on the menu due to public demand. Which works swell for me, since this is the only pizza I order from them now.


I was hanging out at Jericho's at the time, and we split the pizza while he had  bowl of Cream of Squash Soup (P105) to keep the sniffles at bay. Better than most of the goop served at white linen restaurants (expect for Cibo - nothing beats their Summer Squash soup), this was creamy and peppery, with bits of bacon adding flavor and bite to the watery soup.

The Mrs. Hudsons Pizza is available in Regular 10" (P390), Large 14" (P625), and New Yorker 18" (P845).

When mucking around Manila during the monsoon season, order in and try the Mrs. Hudson for a change. Like the landlady in the Sherlock series, she's warm, comforting, a bit quirky, and just what you need when you've had a bad - or in my case, quite the soggy day.


Just mucking around Manila,


www.muckingaroundmanila.com
Follow @_muckingaround on Twitter and Instagram.
Like the Mucking Around Manila fan page.

Images taken by Jericho San Miguel of The Pixel Project Manila


Yellow Cab Pizza
+63 2 789 9999
268 Real St., Alabang Zapote Road,
Pamplona Dos, Las Pinas City
Open Daily: 24 hours