Monday, September 10, 2012

Wing Kings Reign Supreme


I'm a chicken fiend, I admit it. If I were to eat any type of meat for days at a time, it will most likely be chicken.

I get the weirdest cravings for Andoks and the oddest times of the day and am painfully weaning myself off my dependency for Bon Chon's chops and KFC's spicy fried chicken. But when the yearning for chicken becomes too great and I just have to have a teensy bit, Wing Kings is the joint to hit up at BGC.


I found myself having lunch there with Jericho on a Saturday morning, as our first option, Shiok, is apparently closed on Saturdays.


We split an order of a 10-piece pack (P249) slathered in their original buffalo sauce with a Cheezy Blue dip and WiKi Rice (P29). I think I would have enjoyed it more if I went with the Country Style Fries (P39) instead, now that I think about it.


The chicken wings were crispy on the outside, but tender on the inside, the buffalo sauce lending a bit of a kick, which was perfect with the bleu cheese dip. I had a bit of rice to help it along, but in the end just gave up on it and just went for the chicken wings. It really was finger lickin' good! We had tried the Garlic Parmesan and Teriyaki flavors as well, but nothing beats good old fashioned Buffalo sauce!


Wing Kings is also pretty popular for their WiKi Rice, their take on java rice, with a bit of a twist. I like that it wasn't dry, which is reluctantly expected at kiosks like this, but Wing Kings has a surprisingly buttery aftertaste that went nicely with what we were eating.

Phone ahead with your orders if you don't want to wait, or if you want to have food delivered in and around Bonifacio Global City (for a minimum order of P300 + 7% delivery charge). Give them a ring at 775-8229 or 0917-5594647.


Wing Kings
+63 2 775 8229, +63 917 5594647
Bonifacio Stopover,
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
Monday - Wednesday: 11am - 12am
Thursday - Saturday: 11am - 3am