Friday, July 6, 2012

The Conveneince of Joey Pepperoni


When I moved into the new apartment at The Fort, I was too lazy to go anywhere else for a while (my place is a bit of a walk away from Market! Market! or S&R) and was pretty content just nesting and getting used to the new digs.

There are a couple of restaurants to choose from downstairs, like Malcolm's, Big Bad Wolf, and Ristras. But whenever I'd get hungry and needed to mooch off wi-fi at the same time (Globe was taking its sweet time setting up mine at the apartment), I'd make my way downstairs to Joey Pepperoni.



The place can get pretty crowded during lunch (seriously though, where do all those people come from?) and service can be a pain in the butt, but other than that, their staff is pretty great.

I have an all-time favorite server at Joey Pepperoni who comes in afternoon. That guy is attentive, very pleasant to talk to, and anticipates your every need. I swear, he's like Super Server! I initially thought he was like the owner's kid or something.

I'd usually forget to take a photo of what I'd have for lunch, as I was always here for a good two weeks, but here are a couple of must-trys if you ever find yourself at any of their stores, here's what you'd want to look out for:


If you're a meat sauce person, Joey Pepperoni has a very generous serving of Spaghetti Bolognese (P160). My favorite pasta is their Carbonara (P170), richly topped with creamy alfredo sauce, bacon bits, and Parmesan cheese!


If you're looking for something light, you'll like their Aglio Olio Pasta (P150). It's basically olive oil and garlic.


They have set meals to choose from if you're looking for a bit of everything. I tried Set 4 (P180), which is your choice of pasta, garlic bread sticks, chicken fingers, and and a drink. I didn't like the chicken fingers too much - they were 75% breading, 25% actual chicken.


I fared better with their Set 3 (P170), which is more or less the same thing, but with Mozzarella sticks instead of chicken tenders. The Mozzarella sticks helpd up pretty well, but was soft, and oozing with stringy goodness once bit into. Nom!


I would get their Buy 1, Take 1 Pizzas (P190) when I'd have company over and I had no microwave, stove, or toaster to speak of yet. My favorite was the Luka - a merry combination of pesto cream, shrimps, garlic, and onions.

Surprisingly, Joey Pepperoni also has pretty decent desserts.


The Fondente Brownie ala Mode (P90) can rival T.G.I.Fridays in taste (size, prolly not so much). A rich fudge brownie is topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate swirls and drizzled with chocolate-y syrup. It's so good!


My favorite dessert is their Frozen Cappuccino Mud Pie (P95). Layers of vanilla and coffee crumble ice cream in a tasty and delicious cookie crust is hard to say no to.

Joey Pepperoni has turned into my version of a lonely man's dinner. Haha! It's a nice place to chill, they are very accommodating and have pretty fast service as long as it isn't lunch or dinner, and it makes me feel like I've left my apartment building when I'm way too lazy to be mucking around.

Joey Pepperoni Pizzeria
+63 2 856 9509
Ground Level, Fairways Tower,
5th Ave. cor. Mckinely Road,
Bonifaio Global City, Taguig